The series sold out today in lessthan two hours. If you got in there, well done. If you didn't, sorry about that but the process was clear and everyone had the same opportunities. Remember there are tons of other goods around Galway which deserve your support and we hope that you will support those events as well.
See you in Athenry on the 27th of April,
Six Galway Athletics Clubs will once again come together to organise a series of low-key, no-frills 5km roads races around the county on six consecutive Tuesday evenings from the 27th of April 2010 through to the 1st of June 2010. The Athenry, Clare River Harriers, Craughwell, Galway City Harriers Loughrea and Tuam clubs have organised a similar series of races for the last four years and the initiative has proven very popular. As usual the races will take place on Tuesday evenings at locations around the county and will culminate in the final race evening in Galway City on Tuesday the 1st June 2010. The now traditional social evening and distribution of series t-shirts and spot prizes will follow the final race.
- No prizes will be awarded for any of these races. All races courses are accurately measured and a full result will be available shortly after each event.
- The cost of entry to the series of six races will be Euro 25.00. Online entry will be available on www.RunIreland.com from 12:00 noon on Friday the 26th of February 2010. Entries are only available online.
- NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR INDIVIDUAL RACES. Participation in any race in the series is by entry into the series only. No exceptions.
- For full details of the individual races keep an eye on the individual club websites (links below). There are a limited number of series entries available and they will be strictly allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A specially designed, souvenir t-shirt will be awarded to everyone who enters the series and completes at least five of the six races.
- For the first time, the series will make use of electronic finish line timing this year. Each series entrant will be issued with an electronic chip, which they will retain for the entire series and then return on the last night. Participants will also be issued with a race number, which they must wear for each of the races in the series. If you don’t have a chip and a race number on the night, you cannot take part. A timing mat will be placed at the finish line only and so the time recorded for each athlete will be from ‘gun’ to finish line. Replacement race numbers can be issued on the night at no extra cost if needed.
- In case of lost or misplaced chips a new chip can be issued prior to each race at a cost of Euro 5.00 If you need a replacement, arrive early. Red Tag Timing will issue replacement chips where necessary and the replacement fee will be payable directly to them.
- Remember if you don’t have a chip or a race number, no result will be recorded for you on that night and the series t-shirts will only be awarded on the basis of the recorded results.
- Numbers and or chips are not transferrable. Entrants who knowingly pass their chips or numbers to other runners may not be allowed to enter the series in future.