Unfortunately we've had to cancel our race once more. Foremost in our minds is the safety of our runners and the organising committee. The course is still very icy today and there is no significant thaw forecast between now and tomorrow. We have provisionally rescheduled the race for Sunday the 24th January at 01:30pm, weather and permitting issues allowing. Given the amount of ice of the roads around Athenry today and the lack of any improvement in the conditions it seems prudent to cancel at this stage in order to minimise any inconvenience for both organisers and participants.
As soon as we know more about the arrangements for the re-fixed race we'll post them here.
We hope to issue a text message later today giving information on this cancellation to all entrants who provided a contact number at the time of registration.
Bear with us. We're determined to stage this race at the soonest safe opportunity.
A small number of entries will be available on the day on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you cannot make this date you can defer your entry to next years event by emailing [email protected] before Jan 20th.
If you had requested a deferral, but can now make the 24th, email [email protected] before Jan 20th and we'll put you back in.