Of Irish parentage, Kellie moved to Ireland from England in her early twenties. She commutes to...Ballina three days a week and, yeah, that's the Ballina in County Mayo. Let no one else complain about not having time to train. She's married to Damien Burke who treats sports injuries and has two small kids. Currently she is accompanying Assumpta, Michelle Tooher, and Ann Hunter in their Dublin Marathon training but has not yet signed up for the race. My money is on her running it and doing well.
1. What running shoes do you train in?
Saucony Triumph 8
2. How many miles did you run last week?
3. What’s your favourite racing distance?
4. Where’s your favourite place to train?
Beleek Woods in Ballina before work
5. What’s your favourite event or race each year?
Only running 18 months but most enjoyed Craughwell 10 miler and Connemara half.
6. What annoys you most at races?
Littering of empty gel packets! You got it out of a pocket: just put it back there
7. What race, that you haven’t yet run, would you most like to take part in?
8. What was your best-ever running performance?
Run for Ollie 10k 2011 with no watch
9. What was your worst-ever running performance?
I'm not too bothered about time but my 1st half in Longford last year was toughest mentally and physically
10. What’s the strangest thing that you’ve ever seen on a training run?
An early morning club run with unexpected ice! If anyone had a camera it was a bit mad!
11. Favourite piece of running gear?
12. Who would you most enjoy beating in a sprint for the line?
My husband, but it will never happen
13. What was the best bit of training advice you were ever given?
Listen to your body and rest when you need to
14. In ten years time will you still be running?
Yes please god
15. If for some reason you were told you could never run again, how do you think you’d react?
I never in a million years thought I'd be able to run. So it's just a bonus every time I do, would have to just find something else.
16. Have you ever been bitten by a dog while running?
No, chased but not bitten
17. Have you ever had to stop for an emergency "Paula" during a race?
No ( touching wood frantically!)
18. Favourite post-race food?
Omelette made with rashers, mushrooms and cheese
19. Most embarrassing ever running-related moment?
Crying after my first race, I'll be in a ball if I do Dublin.
20. The greatest Irish Athlete of all time is/was?