Check here for recent Clonbur 10KM result.
It's save the date time as the most popular event of the Summer returns to the roads of Galway. The 5k Series!!!!
Registration will open March 11th at 8pm on Active.com (Link Below). There are 700 places available on-line. This event sells out in minutes so make sure you are ready at 8pm. The schedule is as follows....
The 2015 County Galway AAI Athletic Awards take place on Saturday 5th March in the Meadow Court Hotel, Loughrea. A number of athletes from the club were nominated under various categories for their performances and achievements in 2015. Jane Ann Meehan (Senior Woman), Jim Leahy (Master Man) and Roseanne Trehy (Master Woman) were shortlisted by a selection committee and the winners will be announced on Saturday night. Congratulations on your nominations and best of luck on Saturday!
Report: Anne Lyng
1. How long have you been an Athenry AC member? I joined in 2013.
2. Briefly, what started you running? Marathons. I always loved the idea of running a marathon and was amazed that anyone could run that far.
3. What shoes do you train/race in? Saucony Guide 9 for training and racing.
1. How long have you been an Athenry AC member? Since 2012.
2. Briefly, what started you running? Everyone around me seemed to be running, so I decided to see what all the fuss was about, and joined a Fit for Life group.
3. What shoes do you train/race in? Saucony Guide.
4. What piece of running gear/apparel is your most prized possession? Heart rate monitor – keeps me going when I feel like giving in, which happens often.
There was some running in the sun done at the weekend, but not around the roads of Athenry...or even Ireland for that matter. We had 2 members strecthing their legs in some far reaches of the earth.
1. How long have you been an Athenry AC member? Joined May 2013, almost 3 years.
2. Briefly, what started you running? There was a baby triathlon for charity organised in my office in April 2013, I started training for it in January 2013 and loved the running element so kept it up.
3. What shoes do you train/race in? They are all Asics, I train in Gel Cumulus and DS Trainers. I Race in Gel Lyte 33s.
1. How long have you been an Athenry AC member? 4 years approx
2. Briefly, what started you running? “Back in the day” I played soccer, football and rugby and running was always part of training!
3. What shoes do you train/race in? Asics 3000
4. What piece of running gear/apparel is your most prized possession? My Garmin and HR Monitor
5. What is your favourite event/race of the year? 5km series and the Fields of Athenry 10km
See here courtesy of Padraig Burke of Tuam AC!
Kilconieron 5 mile charity run is now in its 8th year. The numbers were down from last year (172) with 121 dedicated athletes registering to brave the elements (including 17 from Athenry AC). Temperatures held at a pleasant 12 degrees with a light drizzle but it was evident that the strength of the wind was going to be a factor in this race.