1. How long have you been an Athenry AC member? I started in May 2011 as a Fit4Life member.
2. Briefly, what started you running? I used to work alongside Elaine Quinn & she was forever talking about running & how many miles she had done at the weekend etc etc, so got me thinking maybe I can do this running thing!!!! It was Elaine that told me about the Fit4Life programme that existed in Athenry AC, now it took me six months to sum up the courage to join as I had no running experience at all.
We've been longing for a day like this for quite some time now, after the wind and rain of the last number of months we got the most absolute perfect conditions today for the annual Craughwell 10 mile and boy did it show in the results. All the talk was of PBs at the end, some very big ones too for Athenry AC runners, so lets start the report right there....
1. How long have you been an Athenry AC member? 4 Years.
2. Briefly, what started you running? A desire to keep off the weight i'd lost during a period of loss in 2012. I'd never been active when younger and was always overweight. Anyway i started walking but soon got bored of that as i felt I wasn't getting anywhere fast. Joined Fit4Life, a brilliant group run and organised by club members and progressed from there.
3. What shoes do you train/race in? Mizuno Wave Inspire.
Congrats to the small, but merry, band of Athenry AC runners who made the club's yearly pilgrimage down to East Cork last Sunday, 6 March 2016.
Conditions were dry for the race itself but pretty dreary both before and afterwards. Some sort of result is available here, if you have the patience to wade through the various ways this site has decided to slice and dice this classic result.