Published in Club News on 20th February 2015
1. What running shoes do you train in?
ASICs Nimbus, Saucony Cortana and Nike Pegusus.
2. How many miles did you run last week?
At moment app 30 but upping it soon for the London Marathon.
3. What’s your favourite racing distance?
10k & half marathon.
4. Where’s your favourite place to train?
I like different areas, I love running by the sea.
5. What’s your favourite event or race each year?
Kinvara Half marathon, Fields of Athenry 10k & Labane 10k.
6. What annoys you most at races?
Slow people in the front of a race.
7. What race, that you haven’t yet run, would you most like to take part in?
Berlin marathon, after London.
8. What was your best-ever running performance?
9. What was your worst-ever running performance?
Athenry 2013 and Athlone 2013, Jersey marathon 2013.
10. What’s the strangest thing that you’ve ever seen on a training run?
One day while running on the prom I met a little old man with his wife. It was a nice sunny day. He was wearing a suit and a hat and carrying a small kit bag. On my way back, stretched out on the concrete was that same man still wearing the suit, white shirt (with buttons strained across his chest), hat,shoes and socks while resting his head on the kit bag. Face up to the glorious sunshine.
11. Favourite piece of running gear?
12. Who would you most enjoy beating in a sprint for the line?
13. What was the best bit of training advice you were ever given?
14. In ten years time will you still be running?
I intend to.
15. If for some reason you were told you could never run again, how do you think you’d react?
Would depend on the circumstances. I might be happy to be alive.
16. Have you ever been bitten by a dog while running?
17. Have you ever had to stop for an emergency "Paula" during a race?
18. Favourite post-race food?
Chocolate protein shake, peanut butter ball.
19. Most embarrassing ever running-related moment?
The day I fell and tore face of myself. I had to walk from the claddagh to the prom with blood running down my face.
20. The greatest Irish athlete of all time is / was?
BOD I believe.