Published in Members on 23rd April 2008
1. What shoes do you train in?
2. How many miles did you run last week?
3. What's your favourite racing distance?
4. Where's your favourite place to train?
Wild guess - endless laps of Dangan.
5. What's your favourite race or event each year?
6. What annoys you most at races?
Rain - can't see a thing through my glasses!
7. What race, that you haven't yet run, would you most like to take part in?
London marathon 2012!
8. What was your best-ever running performance?
Dublin 2007 - 2.49.
9. What was your worst-ever running performance?
Galway Cross-Country in Dartfield 07 or Fields of Athenry 10KM 07 - sick during and after.
10. What's the strangest thing that you've ever seen on a training run?
Guy running naked going in the opposite direction in Corrib Village during Rag Week last year...
11. What is your favourite piece of running gear?
Black adidas jacket especially in this weather.
12. Who would you most enjoy beating in a sprint for the line?
Dunno if could beat anyone in a sprint.
13. What was the best bit of training advice you were ever
Add speed endurance, push yourself out of the comfort zone of
miles and miles.
14. In ten years time will you still be running?
15. If for some reason you were told you could never run again, how do you think you'd react?
16. Have you ever been bitten by a dog while running?
Nope, close calls, they like targeting me.
17. Have you ever had to stop for an emergency 'Paula' during a race?
18. Your Favourite post-race food?
19. Your most embarrassing ever running-related moment?
Running Cork marathon with no shorts elastic all the way....
20. In your opinion, who is/was the greatest Irish athlete of all time?
Eamon Coghlan/John Treacy.