Published in Members on 18th February 2016
1. How long have you been an Athenry AC member? This is my second year.
2. Briefly, what started you running? Increased interest in fitness.
3. What shoes do you train/race in? Mostly asics and nike.
4. What piece of running gear/apparel is your most prized possession? It has to be my watch and heart rate monitor.
5. What is your favourite event/race of the year? Kinvara half marathon.
6. What event/race that you haven’t done would you most like to compete in? I would like to do Berlin marathon.
7. What performance/race do you take most pride in? Any race that I run nice and comfortably.
8. Is there any performance/race that you would rather forget? No , but I have suffered severe calf cramping in some of my marathons which has impaired my performance.
9. Where is your favourite place to train? I like to train in different places especially by the sea. Preferably with a bit of Sun thrown in.
10. What type of training is your “favourite”? (Speed,Tempo,Short,Long Run,Slow????) I like a mixture throughout the week but long and slow can be more enjoyable on a nice day .
11. Do you prefer solo or group training? I suppose solo , it's easier to slot it in.
12. What’s the funniest/strangest thing you’ve seen or heard on a run? I haven't seen anything recently.
13. If you were to give 1 piece of advice to a newcomer to running what would it be? Relax and enjoy .
14. What injury has caused you the most problems since you started running? It has to be my calf cramps.
15. Do you cross train? If yes what type? Yes, I do walking, hill walking, spinning, body combat, body pump, body balance, bikram yoga, cycling and gym work.
16. What is your most embarrassing running related incident? I don't recall any unless someone else can.
17. Which club member would you most like to beat in a sprint to the line? I'll say Patrick Forde.
18. Do you have a favourite current or past athlete that inspires you? I have to say Pauline Curly is inspirational.
19. Which PB would you most like to break this year? My 8k.
20. Can you share the following PBs with us?.......
5km : 20:14
10km : 42:19
10 mile : 69:10
Half Marathon : 1:33:34
Full Marathon : 3:21