Published in Members on 21st April 2016
1. How long have you been an Athenry AC member? Since January 2013.
2. Briefly, what started you running? To keep fit.
3. What shoes do you train/race in? Have probably tried them all, brooks, saucony, mizuno but use Asics GT3000 now.
4. What piece of running gear/apparel is your most prized possession? has to be my watch.
5. What is your favourite event/race of the year? Kinvara Half Marathon.
6. What event/race that you haven’t done would you most like to compete in? Too many to mention but would like to run Great North HM in UK.
7. What performance/race do you take most pride in? Kinvara half marathon 2015.
8. Is there any performance/race that you would rather forget? Loads.....mainly marathon distance races :O
9. Where is your favourite place to train? Anywhere near the sea.
10. What type of training is your “favourite”? (Speed,Tempo,Short,Long Run,Slow????) probably speed.
11. Do you prefer solo or group training? Definitely group training although HR training is killing it a bit.
12. What’s the funniest/strangest thing you’ve seen or heard on a run? I saw something rather disgusting during the Manchester marathon, too gruesome to print so ask me if u really want to know.
13. If you were to give 1 piece of advice to a newcomer to running what would it be? Pace yourself.
14. What injury has caused you the most problems since you started running? I have had a few minor injuries, none seem to be re-occuring .....thanks to Jane Ann.
15. Do you cross train? If yes what type? Strenght & Core and Yoga.
16. What is your most embarrassing running related incident? None I can think of.
17. Which club member would you most like to beat in a sprint to the line?
18. Do you have a favourite current or past athlete that inspires you? ? Sonia O’Sullivan.19. Which PB would you most like to break this year? I would love to get sub 3.30 marathon sometime!! 20. Can you share the following PBs with us?....... Distance Time Where When
5km 20:16 Tuam May 2014
8km 34:43 Tuam Jan 2015
10km 43:06 Colmanstown March 2016
10 mile 1:14:41 Craughwell March 2016
Half Marathon 1:36:44 Kinvara March 2015
Full Marathon 3:30:29 Dublin Oct 2013